Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Strike me down

I don't think I've ever watched an Ang Lee film that I've enjoyed. I know, it's a terrible thing to admit. I thought Brokeback Mountain was just ok. Oooo, Jake Gyllenhall and Heath Ledger are lovers!!! Big whoop dee do. It was a stunning film to watch, but the hype over these 2 good looking guys getting it on while tending sheep was a snooze. Hated the Ice Storm ... blech. But I really hated Taking Woodstock. Seriously??? Seriously? What a load of crap that movie was. The guy who played Michael Lang was cool ... dead ringer for the guy, but that's about it. Eugene Levy was cool as Max Yasgur, but those 2 characters do not make this film worth watching, period! Am I horrible for not liking any Ang Lee films? I feel kinda guilty for admitting it. Hopefully he'll make a movie I like someday. But the ones I've seen ... blech.

I'm bummed that Starz cancelled Gravity. It had so much potential, but alas, anything good is certain to be cancelled. There was even a cliffhanger, dammit! Not surprised they cancelled Party Down ... it was lame this season. Jane Lynch's departure killed that show. She's excellent. She's the only reason I watch Glee. I fast forward theough the show tunes and I can't stand the guy who plays the teacher and that crazy little bird woman who plays his ... girlfriend? Ugh. Jane Lynch is the only reason to watch Glee, in my opinion.

Best news though ... Mad Men and Being Human are firing up again!!!! Woot!!!

Season 4 of True Blood is confusing as heck. So many new characters to keep up with. Love Franklin ... he's awesome. Bill and Sookie seem to be taking a backseat to the new vamps and weres. Eric is becoming more central, which is cool! Maybe at some point, I'll read the books to see what those are like, but I'm enjoying the show for now.

Hung's second season is getting better with each episode. Love Tonya's nickname, teabrain. But it's funny that a woman with a name like Lenore would give it to her!

No comments: