Sunday, August 29, 2010

WHUM is Number ONE!!!!

http://wrtv.cityvoter.com/whum-radio/biz/371980?ref=short

This is just unbelievable! This wonderful TINY community radio station is beating the megawattaged up Indianapolis competition! If any of you have voted as a result of seeing my humble blahg postings, thank you!!!!


Movies,

Watched Coco Before Chanel. It's about .. ta daaaa .... Coco Chanel, she of my favorite perfume and whose clothes I could only wish to afford, much less fit into. What a little force she was! This woman single handedly changed women's fashion .. corsets? NOPE! She made fashion more comfortable and for that I am grateful. Good movie. Understated, as most European films are.

In the Loop is a British film that is one of the best I've seen in a long time. I think the last time I said that was after I saw Che. Man, was it hard to understand. I had to tune my accent ears for about 20 minutes before I got it. There's this foul mouthed Scotsman who was the highlight of the movie ... totally stole it. James Gandolfini plays this general who is anti-war, but gets sucked into it after the British PM speaks out of turn resulting in a frenzied back and forth between London and Washington. The script was nominated for an Oscar, with good reason, it's just THAT great! Probably should have won.

Can't remember what else I've watched ...

No comments: