Monday, January 5, 2009

more movie viewing

I found an actress who makes Dane Cook look like a good actor! And her name is Jessica Simpson ... wow, she's just awful. I'm now convince that the only reason she has a career is because of her ample busom and nice teeth because her hair didn't look that great ... oh, the movie is called Employee of the Month and is it ever a stinker. I remember all the hubbub being made about how this movie is going to show the world that Jessica Simpson is a multi-talented actress ... ha. I watched this movie primarily because it was filmed at one of my favorite stores, Costco and I can dig that. And then there's this equally stupid doofus named Dax Shepard .. who? He is to this movie what Dane Cook was to Dan in Real Life ... if this guy can be in the business, so can I. I think I need to see if he's been in anything else to see if his pitiful performance was a fluke. I will say though, it was nice seeing Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite in another film. He was actually good! As was, of all people, Andy Dick! He was funny. But this movie was just a stinker to end all stinkers.

And then I watched one of my alltime favorites, ahhhhhhhhh, To Live and Die in LA. That film is just a masterpiece and I can, and have, watched it over and over again. The only thing that bothers me is seeing how bowlegged William Peterson is .. then again, this film was made in 1985 and tight jeans were the thing I suppose. The car chase through the LA freeway system rivals the NYC car chase scene in the French Connection ... going down the LA River was awesome! This movie really launced careers ... Peterson, John Pankow from Mad About You, a chubby Jane Leeves .. heck, even Robert Downey Jr's DAD was in this movie. And Willem Dafoe was at his creepiest. See, I can forgive him for Boondock Saints by referring back to this film. And the soundtrack is magnificent. It's the best orignal soundtrack ever made for film. I think I had the soundtrack, by Wang Chung, before I bought the movie. I need to see if it's available in Blu-Ray ... seeing William Peterson get his head blown off in high def would be cool! I remember watching the movie when it first came out and being completely blown away by the twist.

No comments: