Friday, January 2, 2009

Dan in Real Life ... yawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn

Flipped on this one last night. I wasn't HORRIBLE ... no, it wasn't fabulous, definitely not, it was just blah. I like that Steve Carrell, who I think is one of the funniest guys out there, tried to Adam Sandler himself and branch out (I'm one of the few people on earth who actually loved Punch Drunk Love). Carrell was worth watching, but who the heck is this Dane Cook dork? I mean, he's terrible! He's one of those "actors" who makes me think that if HE can get work, so could I. Even Juliette Binoche was awful. It was like she was more worried about covering her French accent than actually acting, which she is normally dynamite. I actually think if they would have made her character French, it would have been more interesting. His daughters were despicable and I never quite got why they would treat him so horribly given the circumstances. The whole climax was hokey. The best scene was the final one with the wedding. That was sweet, but predictable. John Mahoney wasn't even allowed to be his normal self. Dianne Weist was good, but she's always good. Can't wait for the new season of In Treatment. I will say that I did like Inaya Day's cover of Nasty Girl in the club scene. I'll add it to my playlist .... over there -------------------------------------------->


It's not one of those movies where I feel like I'm owed my 1.5 hours back (thank god it wasn't any longer than that), but it came close.

I ended up watching part of Knocked Up again afterwards. That movie is funny! I think that Seth Rogan should have played Dane Cook's part.

No comments: