Friday, July 25, 2008

Superbad

Ok, so I'm the last person on earth to watch this hysterically funny movie. It's another one of those "loveable loser" Judd Apatow movies .. nothing wrong with that, it's a great forumla. I don't know if I'll ever get tired of loveable loser movies. I guess Seth Rogen wrote this film when he was 13 years old, which makes it even funnier ... only a 13 year old pubescent boy could come up with a name like McLovin. But the kid they found for McLovin has to be the best casting find in comedy. Unfortunately for him, his career in hollywood was over the minute the movie came out. Who knows, maybe he'll turn into the next Jerry McConnell, disappear and then come back as a completely different looking guy. Time will tell.

Started watching the DA Pennebaker documentary, Don't Look Back. It's about Bob Dylan's 1965 London shows. He's looking as cute and raggamuffiny as ever, but what a colossal dipwad ... just grumpy grumpy grumpy. I only watched a few minutes before I started falling asleep, so this will be one I'll have to revisit over the next few days.

Got through all 8 episodes of Mad Men ... Sunday is the new season premiere. And wouldn't you know it .. the guy who created Mad Men was a writer for the Sopranos! There you go, at least I'm consistent!

No comments: