Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Queen

Watched The Queen ... it's an understatement to say it was fabulous. As I am thoroughly obsessed with all things old money, it would make sense for me to be equally intrigued by all things royal. Helen Mirren deserved 2 Oscars for her portrayal of QEII. James Cromwell as Prince Phillip was born to play that role and I adored him in Babe too. Oh heck, loved him in Six Feet Under ... he's just a great actor. The guy who comes out smelling like roses in the film is Prince Charles, unbelieveable! Everyone was great. I spent half the movie chuckling because of how ... how do I say it ... British, stiff upper lipped they were. It was almost Pythonesque. I spent part of the moving crying because, heck, Diana died and seeing Prince Charles's reaction was moving, which Prince Phillip's cure was to take the boys hunting ... ironic since their mothered died being hunted by the media. Anyway, such a great film.

No Daily Show this week. They need a break after such great coverage during the conventions.

Still watching Pam, Girl on the Loose and llllllllllllllllllllllllovin' it. I'm actually not so ashamed to say that anymore.

No comments: