Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Random New Years Eve posting

I don't think I've ever been ashamed to actually enjoy a show like I've been enjoying Whatever, Martha. I'll admit that I love the movies, Encino Man & Valley Girl ... Malibu's Most Wanted ... Pam, Girl on the Loose ... but Whatever, Martha is my shame. Alexis is a spoiled rotten I hate mommy 16 year old in a 45 year old's body and her partner in crime is just fluff and I LOVE IT!

It's getting to be awards season and here are the phrases that I absolutely hate to hear coming out of Hollywood mouths this time of year:

Referring to watching a movie, or making a movie as "a ride" or "a wild ride" or "enjoying the ride". For freaks sake ...you ride in a car, a train, a plane ... you don't ride a movie. Just stupid.

When actors refer to themselves or others as "being comfortable in their skin" ... ugh!!!! I hate that phrase. Well, dear, who are you going to switch skins with. Idiots.

When the SAG awards come out ... constantly hearing these twerps referring to each other as "peers". Come on! Peers? I'm probably nit picking on this one, but the word "peer" is probably the most intelligent word that most of these dorks know.

OK, got that off my chest.

Watched the movie, In Bruges. I loved it! Colin Farrell is great. He plays emotionally hurt in this movie and I completely fell for it. I think he lives in the end though. Ralph Fiennes is magnificent. I haven't seen him in a movie for awhile. Played psycho very well. Colin Farrell really got swept up into the whole Hollywood scene early on in his career. Glad to see that he can actually act, Miami Vice be damned.

Happy New Year!

No comments: