Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's been kind of dull in tvland, but I did manage to stumble upon yet another show!

I love travel shows. I love eating shows. I love eating shows in foreign countries. I love Andrew Zimmern and all the shoddy crap he manages to eat from all over the world. I love Anthony Bourdain, but not as much as I used to. His abrasive NYC personality has worn me out. Plus anyone who thinks that sucking marrow out of beef bones is the creme de la creme of gastronomy is a sicko.

Anyway, travel shows ... one of my alltime favorite travel shows is Lonely Planet, which morphed into Globe Trekker for some reason, and is now banished to PBS only. I love the two main travellers, Ian Wright and Justine Shapiro. I don't know, they seem so cool to me and they travel how I would love to travel. Yes, livin' vicariously, guilty as charged. I don't care for some of the new travellers they incorporated when the show changed to Globe Trekker. Anyway, I was surfing, like I usually do and found a show called America, The Wright Way ... gasp ... a travel show about travelling America with none other than Ian Wright! He's hilarious. He's got the best British accent out there. I watched him as he travelled through Nashville, trying to like country music. I loved it!! Yea!!! My favorite traveller from my favorite travel show!!! It's on ... you guessed it, the Travel Channel!

I have a load to watch on the tivo ... real housewives, yea! The Riches, yea yea. I also tivo'd Season on the Brink, based on the book about my most despised coach, Bobby Knight. I don't know if I'll get to it or not. I tivo'd it mainly to see how Brian Dennehy did as Bobby. He's an ok actor, but he seems to take himself way too seriously, I'm an actaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh .... blow it out your chubby butt dude ... you get paid to play other people. I wish we could all do that for a living.

No comments: