Thursday, April 3, 2008

Last night, caught up on my Daily Shows. Gives me something to laugh about during this political season. Sigh.

I watched the 1903 version of The Great Train Robbery. I'm such a silent film geek and this one is older than old school. Amazing stuff. It was made by Thomas Edison's studio and it would be funny to be transported back to that time when it was playing in theatres of the day. It was only 12 minutes long and there wasn't any dialogue at all, not even on placards.

The Riches ... what a great show. FX really puts out quality programming. Nip/Tuck, addicted, what was that lawyer show... Damages! That's right. Great stuff. Glenn Close plays great villans. And Dirt ... more on that next week.

The Riches. Minnie Driver and Eddie Izzard are terrific. I wish that Dale would just get popped already. Having Jared Harris on is going to be interesting too. He makes himself look different with every role. I love that this show is about Irish Travellers. I remember seeing them when I was growing up. Such an underground culture, fascinating.

I have a Danny Boyle movie tivo'd called Millions. Trainspotting is one of my favorite movies of all time, we'll see how this one is.

No comments: