Sunday, October 19, 2008

Much to catch up on

Last Wednesday, I really went to town on my shows.

True Blood was magnificent. Sookie had to bury her Gran and tried hard to block out the voices in attendance, but couldn't .. ended up telling everyone in town to, well ... shut the up. Then she actually LET bill bite her ... that's where it ended. It will be interesting to see where it goes tonight. I want to read the books, but I don't want to spoil the surprise. Wonder if they are following the books much? Alan Ball really pushes the envelope sometimes. OK, we get it .. JASON IS A DOG! We just don't need to see it every freaking week.

Mad Men was downright surreal. Don and Pete were in LA and Don ditched Pete to go with some eurotrash nomads out to Palm Springs. It was strange strange strange. Don ends up making a phone call telling the person that he's Dick Whitman, so we'll see where that goes. Peggy found a good friend who dolled her up and took her to see Bob Dylan .. or maybe they didn't make it to the Dylan show because he gave Peggy a new look. I just love how this show is written. That, along with the writing of Life On Mars, is incredible. I also have to say that it was nice to not have to hear psycho Betty for an episode. Not enough Joan though :(

Californication is getting funnier and funnier, which makes me happy because the season opener was just rude. I do wish they'd do something with the daughter though. Am I the only one who thinks they are trying too hard to have her be a real life version of Emily the Strange? And the way she talks ... does anyone really speak like that?

Z-Rock is what it is ... I'm glad it's only a half hour, but it does prove that Joan Rivers still has what it takes to be funny.

Total Wrecklamation, still, is my favorite non-fiction show. Jodi Murphy is great. I highly recommend this show to anyone. I wish I could get in on her auctions. Her company is Murco Recycling and she has a website. She is doing great work.

Watched the first episode of the new Starter Wife weekly series and it was wayyyyyyyy better than the miniseries. I was really skeptical, but it's true. Judy Davis' character is more likeable and Debra Messing actually seems to meld better with the new cast of characters. I think I'll keep this one.

I ditched Heroes. I just couldn't take it anymore.

I'm now trying to catch up on shows that I missed while I was on my trip to my most favorite city in the world catching up with my "peeps".

No comments: