Monday, December 15, 2008

Playlist is so cool!

I can put up to 200 songs on my playlist now ... word of warning, I've put some songs on there that may cause blushing, fair warning.

Watched Capote last night. I think that Phillip Seymour Hoffman is one of the best, if not THE best actor out there right now. As I was watching, I found myself getting really annoyed with Hoffman's imitation of Truman Capote. I'm generally opposed to biographical films as most actors tend to do imitations rather than a portaysl (did I spell that right?) .. I think that Val Kilmer is a great actor and his Jim Morrison (the Doors .. the only Ollie Stone film I really like) and John Holmes (Wonderland) were spot on .. not imitations. I will say that I adored Cate Blanchett's imitation of Kate Hepburn, but that's what she was going for and it worked. Her portrayal of Veronica Guerin was amazing and she probably deserved an Oscar for that role moreso than her role in the Aviator. Anyway, as I'm watching Hoffman imitate Capote and getting yawny while doing it, everything changed when he saw Perry Smith for the last time in the room before he was hung. His imitation changed and went to pure portrayal and for the last 15 minutes of the film, the scene in the holding room, the scene in the gallows and his phone call telling whoever he was speaking to that his life will never be the same ... for THAT, Philip Seymour Hoffman EARNED that Oscar.

There's another Capote movie out there called Infamous. I'll have to check that one out sometime. Sandra Bullock plays Harper Lee. Catherine Keener was magnificent as Harper Lee in Capote ... we'll see how Bullock does. I see Sandra Bullock are a pure fluff actress. She's good in the weepy love stories like the Lake House, but heck, I liked her in Demolition Man! If I have to sit through Hope Floats again ... someone better keep me from hurting myself or the tv.

Watching the HBO flim, House of Saddam. No big surprises. Guy was a psychopath, killed everyone around him, blah blah blah. The acting is great so far. Not quite sure what the point is, but I'm watching, so maybe that's the point.

Daily Show is on hiatus until the new year .. I bet Stewart is regretting that now, especially considering what is going on in Blago-Bleep gate and the shoe flinging incident in Iraq. Oh well, I'm sure Olbermann and SNL will have a field day.

No comments: