Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turkey Day tv viewing

Watched a movie that I thought was incredibly well done, considering the subject matter. It's called The Killing of John Lennon. The title says it all. It follows the weeks prior to John Lennon getting killed by Mark David Chapman. I guess there's another Lennon assisination film out there called Chapter 27, which I haven't seen, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

I was 13 years old when John Lennon was killed. I think I was the only person in my 8th grade class that was affected by it. I remember only teachers really getting what happened. My Dad woke me up to tell me. He was watching some sporting event and they announced it. I can't believe it's been almost 30 years.

I feel like a schlub for saying that I thought it was a good movie. I'll just say it was well made. I don't think it showed compassion to Chapman, which is what I was afraid of. He came off as completely creepy and out of his mind, which is what he was/is. I can't believe he got 20 to life .. why not life, period? Not that he'll ever make parole, but still ... he can apply for it and has been turned down 4 times. What was really creepy was that the film was shot on location .. wonder how Yoko felt about that?

Frontline had a great profile of Hugo Chavez. Is it me, or does he look like a Chia Pet? I don't know if he's whacky or not. It seems to me like he's being a president by the seat of his pants ... making it up as he goes along.

I just love Total Wrecklamation. She pieced apart a house in my beloved Evanston ... Jodi, I would have bought that front door! I just love what she does, not just the environmental stuff, yea yea yea, saving stuff from the landfill. I just like the job that she does ... oh, and I'll take that Sub Zero fridge too. What are people thinking?????

No comments: