Thursday, August 21, 2008

He's for Real!!

Usain Bolt ...

Seriously, with his name, what else could he be but a freaking sprinter? His Dad attributes his speed to the yams that grow locally in his town in Jamaica .. uhhhhh, ok. Sorry Daddy Bolt, your son has redefined sprinting. He's built like a wide receiver and runs like a cheetah. The people around him have to take 2 strides for his 1 ... he doesn't even expend all his potential energy because nobody is near him. As much as I don't want to see him lose, I just want someone to push him, get close. I mean holy moses people, you don't win the 100m by 5m nor the 200m by 10m .. Happy Birthday Usain. Last week was about Michael Phelps, this week it's about Usain Bolt, god I love Athletics. He's running in the 4x1 this weekend. I'd love to see what he could do in the 4x4.

Needless to say, I haven't been watching much else lately. I've been enjoying not watching the news during these Olympic games. I'm more at peace with the world. Sigh, unfortunately, the Olympics ends this weekend and then it's back to manic mode with the Democratic convention.

I'm enjoying this while I can.

No comments: