Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'M WIGGING OUT!!!!

No more Olympics!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I started watching the closing ceremonies last night and they were lame compared to the opening ceremonies, it just looked like a bunch of people in cool costumes running around like chickens with their heads cut off just to fill out the stadium. But I don't fault them at all. Those opening ceremonies were as beautiful and much as they were freaking scary. I didn't feel the intimidation factor with the closing ... it was kind of like they were running on fumes after the past 17 days and this is the best they could do.

I don't know, the opening was so unexpected, it was a lot to live up to. And the British part of the ceremony was just plain stupid. Oh boy, there's a freakish looking OLD OLD Older than dirt Jimmy Page ... why??? He looked like Confucious .. is that what he was going for? If so, I shake my head in shame. He has nothing to do with sport. I mean, I love Zep, but why? Leona Lewis, never heard of her, sorry for any fans ... you could barely hear her at first and what in heaven's name does "Whole Lotta Love" have to do with the Olympics ... waaaay down inside, you know, you neeed it ... " ok people, that song is NOT about sports, wink wink. And David Beckham just looked like he wanted to be anywhere but on that bus that looked like Sherwood Forest with those silly glowing umbrellas??? If THAT was supposed to get us fired up about the London games in 2012 ... oy, I hope the next 4 years crawl.

And am I the only one who thought that the mayor of London looked like a cross Gary Bussey and Jon Daley? Those 3 looked just plain out of place waving that unruley flag. I'm sure the Chinese officials immediately took the flag away from the mayor of London and had it shot.

The soccer ball being passed around was cute though. Clever. But overall ... the Olympics ending with a wimper.

So now what ... I think I watched 5 minutes of the convention and that made me more depresed than the closing ceremonies. Maybe I need to watch the opening ceremonies again. Mad Men isn't on again until Sunday ... ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!

No comments: